The company’s offerings include:
- investment identification and sourcing
- due diligence and feasibility
- planning and entitlements
- consulting (land, business, strategy)
- master plan community management
Austin Land Resources is led by Adib Khoury, who has spent the last decade sourcing, entitling, purchasing, selling and developing real estate in Central Texas. His experience encompasses 50-plus distinct real estate projects spanning more than 4,000 acres featuring in excess of 8,000 home sites valued at over $550 million. As a former Vice President of Land Resources and Division President for some of the region’s top production homebuilders, he has established a proven track record for creating and implementing strategies to secure land and home sites resulting in the rapid growth through various stages of the current real estate cycle.
Prior to founding Austin Land Resource, Khoury served as Division President for Century Communities and Ryland Homes, managing production and build-on-your-lot operations in multiple cities while also leading strategic positioning within markets, land acquisition, sales and marketing, product development, homebuilding operations and customer service. He also held the title of Vice President of Land Resources and Land Acquisition Manager for Taylor Morrison Homes and of Project Manager, Operations and Land Analyst for Morrison Homes.
Khoury is a seven-year veteran of the US Army, Aviation Branch, where he served as an Officer and Helicopter Pilot, Air Cavalry Troop Commander, Assistant Operations Office and Platoon Leader during numerous combat operations in Iraq and Bosnia.
Khoury earned his Bachelor of Science – General Engineering from the United States Military Academy in West Point, NY.
Finding best investment strategy that fits clients needs i.e. land, lots, consumers, etc.
Leverage extensive experience and network in Central Texas to identify potential Investments.
- Initial meetings with land sellers to determine viability of Investment and negotiate terms.
- Project manage feasibility of potential investment.
- Create site-specific feasibility check list/tasks.
- Create feasibility schedule and budget.
- Utilize network of third-party consultants to complete technical studies as required.
- Utilize years of experience to focus on most critical components – if speed is required, running consultants in parallel – if cost management is primary – identify most critical items that need to be vetted and getting those answered before moving on to more costly studies.
Planning and Entitlements
- Project manage planning and entitlements.
- Create schedule and budget to take investment from current stage to ready for development.
- Utilize network of land planners, engineers and attorneys as needed to complete planning and entitlements.
- Zoning / preliminary plan / construction plans / final plat.
- MUD / WCID / PID Formation.
- Project managed all aspects of land development.
- Coordinate with engineer, contractor and municipality through every phase of land development from pre-construction meeting to final acceptance.
- Negotiate contract and change orders.
- Regular on site inspections and progress reports.
- Review and process all draws/payments.
- Budget variance reporting.
Master Plan Community Management:
- Ideal for out of market ownership of Investments in the Central Texas region.
- Manage all aspects of master-planned community development
- Strategy to maximize financial performance of community.
- Ongoing entitlement work.
- Lot delivery.
- Amenity planning/construction.
- Lot sales.
- Contract negotiation with builders/buyers.
- HOA set up and management.
- Maintain ongoing relationship with municipality.
- Ongoing accounting / budgeting / financial performance
Consulting (Land, Business, Strategy):
- General consulting services that leverage experience of ALRs Principal in the areas of leadership, business development, strategy and land acquisition/development.
- Can fill role as local expert in homebuilding and development. Short-term projects and leadership roles to fill the gaps on your leadership team during start up, in transition or during wind down.
Steiner Ranch served as one of the top master planned communities in Austin for over two decades. As the Vice President of Land Resources for the Managing General Partner of this joint venture from 2011-2015, Khoury was responsible for the overall management of this community during which time pace and profit margin projections were exceeded each year. Over $53 million in land sales occurred in this time period and included the sale of paper lots and finished lots to production builders, custom lots to individuals, an apartment site and a mixed-use site to a church.
Completed underwriting and assumed responsibility for ongoing entitlements and development of this community from 2011–2015. Spearheaded expansion of onsite amenity center, new entry monumentation and landscape enhancements to increase performance of the community.
Sourced, entitled and developed first phase of the master-planned community that also included approximately 50 acres of commercial property, a multifamily site and a school site. Formed joint venture and served as managing general partner. Led team to secure bank financing for the joint venture. Negotiated and sold the school site and 190 lots to production builders valued at $18 million. This community included an in-city MUD, extensive development agreement with the City of Leander, substantial offsite work and an onsite sewer treatment plant.
Round Rock, Texas
Sourced, entitled and developed first phase of this master-planned community consisting of both an age-restricted and traditional neighborhood. Negotiated an option contract on the purchase of the underlying acreage. Pieced together with six different underlying entities selling the land to make up this community. Negotiated development agreement with the City of Round Rock for offsite water and wastewater to be brought to the site.
Sourced, entitled and developed initial phases of this community, which required over two miles of offsite water line construction and an onsite wastewater treatment plant.
Dripping Springs, Texas
Sourced entitled and developed initial phases of this community, including the mitigation of risk on sewer capacity by negotiating agreement with City of Dripping Springs.
Sourced, entitled and developed initial phase of this community, overcoming challenging entitlement process with the City of Austin with over $500,000 spent in pre-acquisition entitlements.
Sourced and entitled this community, navigating changing City of Leander requirements to create a project that met needs of the homebuilder, the seller and the City.
We'd like to hear from you!
Austin Land Resources looks forward to working with you on your next real estate project. Contact us by phone or fill out the Contact Form.
2121 Lohmans Crossing Rd
Lakeway, TX 78734